Z-Wave Hour Glass Effect and Vera WIFI Bridge Setup
The hour glass effect will kill your Z-Wave Mesh Network leaving you dead in the water wishing you never made the original Smart Home investment.
Steps on setting your UI7 Vera into Wireless Bridge Mode
1. Log into your Vera Controller
2. Navigate to Settings – Net & WiFi
3. Under “How does vera Connect to the Internet?” select Through an Wi-Fi access point.
4. Click Scan and cognac to a wifi network and wait for WiFI access points to populate.
5. Enter the WiFi password for the access point you want to connect to and click pick.
6. Once you click pick a warning box will pop up. Click OK; if you don’t click ok the settings will not be saved and this will not work.
7. Wait 5 seconds and unplug your network cable. After 2 minutes unplug the power adaptor to power cycle the unit. Once moved to your new desired location you can plug back in. Once fully booted you will be able to access your Vera just like it was hardwired to the internet.
This will currently work on and Vera Running UI7 (VeraEdge, VeraPlus)